This is a reaction to the debate that has been going on everywhere ever since we saw that one photo of Russell Crowe without sideburns. Don't feel too sad, Russell, even though half of the fandom hates you already! There's a party for you, and those who flaunt their sideburns are not allowed in!
Oh well, to be serious - I've no idea if Crowe will be a good or even a decent Javert. But I do know that, in my opinion, one pair of sideburns is not going to make a difference.
Javerts featured in the party, from left to right:
- Fred Johanson, Malmö Opera 2011-2012. I was truely impressed by him, I think he'd be Javert in my dreamcast.
- Norm Lewis, 25th Ann. Concert. Not one of my favourites.
- Tore Norrby, u/s at Åbo Svenska Teater 2010-2012. I had the luck of seeing him once. Man. Tore for principal Javert!
- Russell Crowe, movie. He might get thrown out the party later, though - who knows if he'll have sideburns in some other scene?
- Peter Nordman, Helsingin kaupunginteatteri 1999-2000. I didn't see him live, I was just six years old at the time. But he was the cutest Javert ever! Take a look
Javerts who didn't get in:
- Sören Lillkung, Åbo Svenska Teater 2010-2012. My second favourite and the winner of Saddest Sideburns Award. Too bad, sad sideburns are still sideburns. Interestingly enough, both his ÅST understudy and Helsinki alternate got in. I don't know if he had sideburns in Helsinki, though!
- Philip Quast, TAC. Another good Javert, but sorry...
Yeah. I know this makes no sense. I just wanted to draw some Javerts and remind everybody that a good performance has nothing to do with facial hair.
About the costumes: I wanted to do some costumes that are more rarely seen. Fred and Sören have their undercover costumes, Tore has the Finale costume.
Sorry about mangling everyone's face, they look nothing like themselves. I wish to be better at this one day.Les Mis is not mine.
Texture used: Old Scroll Texture III by *Isthar-art